The lover

Since a few days, I think about Viet Nâm a lot.
Because I listen again and again this song: Khong dau vi qua dau


[With english Subtitles]

I never thought I could identify with this song,
During my stay at Saigon, I have been enchanted by the melody,
now by the lirycs.

Maybe I sould go back in the past and never write some words...

So, it makes me think about a Novel/movie,
I discovered the same year, almost 4 ago now,

L'amant ( The lover) by Marguerite Duras.

It's a french girl born at Saigon in 1914.
Her novel "The lover" is a part of her life, her first love.
M.Duras's writings are complex, she wrote 2 rewriting of this story... You can imagine ._.
Without telling all details, she meets a chinese man going to school.
She is poor, he is rich, they become lovers.
Neither she nor him will say "I love you", all both know it's impossible,
The Lover must get married with a rich chinese girl, so his father is totally against him and "the poor" french.
The Lover will help M.Duras,wipe out the debts of the family and give her money to go back to Paris.

He will call her, many years after to congratulate her for her literary success.

I don't really like the M.Duras way to write, but the story itself touched me a lot when I read it.
It is a story of initiation, she is a child at the begining of the novel, she go back in France as a woman.
At this time a relationship between an asian and a werstern is totally rejected, she must face to many things, ideas, persons, ...

M.Duras, didnt appreciate the movie, because ut only relates a story of a girl who has family difficultied and who find a rich chinese lover, she doesnt see the message she wanted to spend in her novel.

Well now ...Makes me think a bit about my situation,
by the begining,similar origins and place, difficulties, 
But I don't know the end ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire